The human body is a holy place, and it is rightly said that one needs to worship it every day. In earlier days, when people were far from the city life and didn’t have access to the lavish world, practising the then tradition and abiding by it was the only gateway to a disciplined and healthy lifestyle.
At that time, people’s focus was on eating clean to stay immuned. There wasn’t any specific medical system back then, and a significant chunk of the process was based on Ayurveda. Traditionally India and Nepal are known for their Ayurvedic Treatment in different domains.
Whereas Ayurvedic medicines are now being combined with western medicine. 80% of the population relies on Ayurvedic Medicines in India.
With the onset of the COVID 19, it is vital to take care of our immunity power. Ayurvedic remedies to boost immunity is recommendable in this regard by making kadhas, using herbs, and eating healthy.
Ayurveda has proven to cure many diseases and increase immunity level, but it takes consistency to adopt it. Regular habits can help boost immunity. Below are some Ayurvedic remedies by which you can improve your immunity.
1 - Herbs
According to Ayurveda, using herbs in our daily meals can help to strengthen the body in various ways. Haldi(Turmeric), Jeera(Cumin Seeds), Tulsi(Basil leaves), Ginger, and Amla(Indian Gooseberries), are some of the herbs that are beneficial and can be used in the diet.
- Known for its antioxidant property, Haldi also has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Cumin Seeds
- The seeds of cumin are ingested with water to solve gastric problems like diarrhea, gas, colic, etc.
- Tulsi Leaves
- Tulsi leaves help in increasing the count of helper and infection killer cells in the body. Often used in tea, it helps in fighting infectious diseases and builds strong immunity.
- Since ancient times, a reliable source of vitamin C that helps fight against cold and cough is Garlic. It Also possesses anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties without any side effects.
- One of the essential herbs in Ayurveda to help boost immunity is Ginger, which can help in soothing throat irritation and helps in breaking down toxins in our body.
- Amla has antioxidant properties and is rich in Vitamins. Doctors highly recommend it for its detoxifying nature.
- Herbal Mixtures
- One can use any of the herbs and get them ingested in warm water for health benefits. Using it three times a day will work as a great immunity booster.
2 - Warm Water
There is no alternative to what a glass of warm water can do. Our body needs an adequate amount of water to function; the oxygen-carrying capacity of water makes it more efficient. Drinking enough water will provide your body cells oxygen. Warm water is best known for maintaining heart rate, blood circulation, and blood pressure. Water intake is beneficial in removing toxins from our bodies. Warm water soothes the body and gives instant relief to the throat as well.
3 - Practising Yoga
Yoga is a form of physical and mental wellbeing practice. Yoga can be seen deep-rooted since the Vedic Period and even holds a firm place in today’s lifestyle.
Yoga is helpful as a form of exercise and proves to be one of the effective measures to maintain health and immunity.
Yoga provides better focus and mindfulness.
Provides excellent control over mind and body. Yoga is amongst the best forms of Ayurvedic Remedy to boost weak immunity.
4 - Essential Oils
Essential oils help in eradicating pathogens from the body due to their
Oils prepared from eucalyptus, cinnamon, pine, etc., are great Ayurvedic immunity boosters.
5 - Herbal Tea
Herbal tea has a wide usage for the range of benefits it provides to the body.
One can prepare herbal tea by adding Ginger, Cloves, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Basils, and jaggery and boil it with water. Add lemon if you are consuming it hot. Every Ingredient used in this decoction has various health benefits and is a blast for immunity. Consuming it once a day will also help in reducing cough and cold issues.
6 - Turmeric Milk
Turmeric milk is also called Golden Milk as it helps heal the muscle’s pain, relaxes the body, and is a good immunity source to get rid of cold.
Even though there is no 100% assurance of getting treated with Ayurveda, the health benefits and immunity boost it provides is indeed what we can rely on completely. Fighting from any disease requires good immunity power, and one must look after it in every way.
Looking for a consultant to guide you on Ayurvedic Remedies during these dark times? Now you can consult through Ask Vaidya Consultation App with just a tap at your place, without stepping out.