Breast Cancer, a disease whose survival rate has been hiking up in recent times, must still be taken seriously. The symptoms of breast cancer depend upon the cancer types and the person’s physical conditions. Sometimes, people never notice the onset of symptoms. This article can help you know more about Breast Cancer and its early signs and answer the commonly asked question by anybody who reads this article,” How to Avoid Breast Cancer?”.
Breast Cancer: A Brief:
According to a survey conducted by a US health magazine in recent times, Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer for women. It can also affect men, but it’s more frequently found in women. This is because cancer forms in the cells of the breasts of both men and women, making the cells mutate.
According to doctors and medical experts, Breast Cancer occurs when your breast cells increase and multiply, more than the standard rate. Over time, this can accumulate into a lump and spread to your lymph nodes or other body parts. It is believed that it often begins with the cells in the milk-producing ducts and glandular tissue or any other cell or tissue within breasts.
Different types of breast cancer are as follows:
- Recurrent Breast Cancer
- Paget’s Disease of the Breast
- Male Breast Cancer
- Lobular Carcinoma in situ (LCIS)
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
- Invasive Lobular Carcinoma and
Various Reasons for the Cause of Breast Cancer:
The lifestyle, hormonal balance of a person, and the environmental factors surrounding him and the person’s eating habits and physical condition can be the significant causes of breast cancer.
Sometimes, breast cancers are inherited diseases, where the mutations are passed on for generations. The inherent genes, breast cancer gene 1 (BRCA 1) and breast cancer gene 2 (BRCA 2), increase the risk of both ovarian and breast cancer for women. The other risk factors include
- Increasing age,
- Exposure to radiation,
- Consumption of Alchohol
- Unusual menstrual cycle and many more.
Breast Cancer Early Signs:
f there is anything that any woman must learn, it’s the early symptoms of breast cancer and its preventive measures. Therefore, breast Cancer Early Signs must be considered seriously, and if symptoms are found, medical experts and doctors must be consulted.
Breast Cancer Early Signs include:
- Irritation or itching of breasts
- Changes in the sense of touch, like they might feel stiff, or tender, or even warm at times
- Change in breast colour
- Redness of the skin on breasts
- Swelling of breasts
Following are the severe symptoms of Breast Cancer:
- Changes in and round nipples
- Formation of breast lumps which may be located anywhere under your armpits or chest wall
- Changes were noticed on the skin of the breasts.
- Change in shape, size, and appearance of the breasts
- Inverted nipples
- Peeling, flaking, scaling, and crusting of the area around the nipple, i.e., areola and breast skin.
- Nipple bleeding, unusual discharge
If naked eyes cannot see the symptoms, mammograms known as low-dose X-rays of breasts can help you detect lumps and tumours. Tumours can be felt but cannot be seen since their size varies from 1mm to 50mm.
The symptoms may vary based on the type of cancer. For example, unlike other cancers, the symptoms of IBC, Inflammatory Breast Cancer do not appear on mammograms and have some unique symptoms like a breast being more extensive than the other, resulting in heaviness, aching, and burning. Symptoms of some other cancers may also include fatigue, fluid collection, difficulty in breathing, and such too.
Prevention Methods of Breast Cancer:
Though cures, medications, and preventive surgeries have been developed for breast cancers, just as always, prevention is better than cure.
Some prevention methods are given below:
- If you feel something different in and around the region of your breasts, consider taking clinical breast exams, mammograms, and other breast screening tests.
- Self-examine yourself to know your breasts to identify changes before they get severe so that you can consult a doctor in your early stages.
- Try limiting postmenopausal hormone therapy.
- Maintain your weight gain and exercise often
- If necessary, limit your consumption of alcohol.
- Selection of healthy diet plans and intake of more healthy fats and proteins.
- If genetically inherited, preventive medications, i.e., chemoprevention and preventive surgery, can be undertaken.
When a woman is subjected to inherent breast cancer genes and has the risk of attaining breast cancer more than other women, preventive medications and surgery can reduce the risk. For example, women might sometimes choose to undergo Prophylactic Mastectomy. The woman surgically removes her breasts, or Prophylactic Oophorectomy, removing healthy ovaries, to prevent themselves from high exposure to breast cancer.
To understand more about Breast Cancer and prevent them from becoming severe, visit Ask Vaidya Online Consultation App for further details and inquiries. Doctors are available around the clock for consultation through this app. Keep yourself healthy by following specific preventive measures and taking care of yourself from diseases.