During the busy days of our lives, we often neglect to take care of our own body and ignore the red flags our body indicates, demanding care and rest. Ignorance is the primary reason why almost a significant chunk of the population suffers from various endeavours. Not maintaining a proper lifestyle and still keep hustling every day has grown to be our Mantra now, leading to significant carelessness towards the body.
One of the significant problems that we all must have gone through is having Back Pain. Sources claim that ⅔ of our population suffers from back pain due to our daily activities.
So, Today I will be sharing some prominent reasons for back pain and will provide some resolutions on How to get rid of back pain.
If you wonder how having back pain is a big deal as most of us suffer through it!!! Let me tell you that the consequences of the pain getting critical in the future is scary, and you are not ready for it in any way!
Back Pain is considered a prominent reason for visiting doctors, also known as the leading cause of weakness worldwide.
While there are no specifications on why we suffer through it, there are many notable reasons. Back pain comes in many forms and can be either.
- Minor- A muscle pull, sprain, strain, or bad posture could be the reason, doesn’t last more than 2-3 days
- Acute– mainly due to any activity, injuries, or pain in the spinal cord, mainly lasts for less than a month.
- Chronic– Caused by a degenerative condition, major accident, or any bone fracture, it takes over a month to heal properly.
As we become older, the chances of getting lower back pain increases.
Pain in our upper back can occur due to disorders, tumours in the chest, or spine inflammation.
Causes of the Back Pain
The back of our body plays a very vital role in our lives. It gives the necessary support and helps us move; our back is composed of a complex structure like bones, muscles, and ligaments. Damage can result from medical conditions, poor posture, or any injury. There are several means to get back pain relief. But first, let’s discuss some reasons for the same.
- Muscle or ligament strain– The most common cause of back pain are strains caused by impromptu activities such as lifting something improperly, lifting any thin heavy, or making an erratic movement.
- Ruptured Disk– The disks act as a cushion for the vertebrae in the spine. If the disks rupture, it can become a cause of pain. Spine X-rays can give a clear report.
- Arthritis– Osteoarthritis can affect the lower back. In some cases, arthritis in the spine can lead to a contraction of the space around the spinal cord, a spinal stenosis condition.
- Osteoporosis- Bones strength weakens and can also lead to fracture in some cases.
- Kidney Problems– A kidney stone can lead to back pain too.
- Movement and posture– Sitting in an inadequate posture can lead to back pain and shoulder pain.
Back Pain can also result from day-to-day activities.
Risk Factors of having Back Pain
Even though one can get relief from back pain in few days, but there are many ways you can invite risks on yourself.
- Lack of exercise or, in some cases, heavy exercise has been proven to be a risk factor.
- Smoking and some psychological conditions can also leave you at the risk of Back Pain from an early age.
How to Get Rid of Back Pain?
Several home remedies can provide back pain relief opt for lubricants, apply a hot compressor or ice bag can give instant relief, but one needs to work on permanent solutions, and below are some ways to get rid of back pain.
- Exercise Daily– There is no better way to keep yourself entitled. One does not need to go up for a heavy cardio workout- warm-up, stretching, and a mild exercise routine can be a great help. Yoga Asanas are the best way to keep your body in postures and make you flexible by reducing stiffness. Maintaining an exercise regime also has other health benefits.
- Maintain your weight– There can be a strain on the back muscles due to overweight; cutting down on your weight might help in reducing pain. It’s not completely necessary to lose weight with a heavy workout, and you can follow a diet plan by consulting a nutritionist.
- Acupressure Mat– If you are experiencing pain due to bad posture, this tool might be helpful. It increases the blood flow into joints and the spine. Mainly helping to lower back pain, it stimulates the parasympathetic nerves. An acupressure mat will also relax the muscles.
Because back pain is widespread, many relief products on the market promise, you to reduce pain. If the pain is not acute or chronic, you can consider using them. However, in case of severe pain, do not rely on the products. They might be helpful for a short period. Instead, look for long-term relief measures.
Always consult a doctor before getting into any medications; currently, as we all are avoiding stepping out-you can consult doctors online.
You can use the Ask Vaidya Consultation App, and they provide online appointments with a specialized doctor, where you can sit back at your house and talk to any doctor anytime.