Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become amply clear by now that the most affected organ due to the virus is the lungs. In such a scenario, those already affected with bronchitis do and how much risk are they at?
Bronchitis is a condition in which the airways of the lungs are inflamed. People with bronchitis are at risk of getting severely ill as COVID-19 impacts the respiratory tract, especially the lungs. There are chances that it would result in pneumonia or acute respiratory disease.
Symptoms patients should be careful about
There are COVID-19 symptoms that people should look out for:
- Dry cough
There are other symptoms too:
- Body pain
- Congestion in nasal track
- Breathing issues
- Throat pain
- Runny nose
Some people even lose smell or taste for a while.
Precautions to take:
As bronchitis patients can get severely ill upon contracting the virus, they need to take extra care and precaution.
- Do not go to a crowded place and if around people, maintain a distance of 6 feet
- Do not travel until it is almost an emergency
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds and if not possible, at least sanitize with an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Disinfect objects and surfaces at home
- Take medications for bronchitis and keep its symptoms under control
- In case, you have come under contact of a sick person, check out for symptoms and stay in contact with your physician
In case you test positive, get in touch with your physician for further medical action immediately.